An old Fart in Gladstone SA

An abridged story of my life past, present and future

Best viewed at 1280x960 resolution & Firefox web browser

Long awaited update.

Have not been updateing this lately, been a complete slackass like I am but here goes.

Due to life evolving I no longer have a road going motorcycle. ie: I am bike less.
Going through some books to clean out came across some notes I started to do when I took up climbing, did not last long, so am putting them up here for interested people to read.

Please excuse spelling mistakes, will try & get round to editing climbs
spelling when I find the books



20/21 May 1967
Led "Rooks Move " servere" , seconded by Brian Mattock
(unable to mantle shelf) & Lorrie ? (unable to start)
Climbed 'Fuddy Duddy' first pitch led by Hugh Ward, pitch 2 & 3 led by me
Led Mantle Shelf on first sister, seconded by Hugh Ward

27-28 May 1967
Led 'Orangatang' sec by Hugh Ward or led the second pitch
Hugh & I then did 'The Cider'
Led 'Tombstone Wall' sec. by Hugh Ward & Lee Smith
Led 'Avago' sec by Lee Smith
I made a note here about someone chiserling a handhold on a
climb at Mt Piddington this weekend

17-18 June 1967
Led 'Guico Piton varient at the neck sec by Lorrie & Tiny Neely
 24-25 June 1967
Led 'Castle King Side', led first pich of 'Fuddy Duddy' sec unable to follow
Led first pitch of 'Piton Beta' could not lay back so retreated

16 July
Climbed 'West Wall'


3 September 1967
Climbed 'Kippax Crack' & 'Cancer'

9-10 September 1967
Climbed with Hugh Ward



9-10 September
Seconded Hugh Ward up 'Tombstone wall'
Seconded Hugh Wall on 'Flack Crack' Hugh came off just over the overhang,
retreated.
Seconed Hugh on 100 foot slabs

23-24 September 1967
Led 'Fuddy Duddy Direct' sec. by Graheme Wurth & Lorrie
Seconded Hugh Ward up 'Nicodemis'

30 September, 1-2 October 1967
Seconded Hugh Ward on 'Phantom', soloed 'Hokes Pokus'
Climbed 'The Cider with Don Klees
John Worrell led Hugh & me up 'Sparten'


11-12 November 1967
Ray Lassmen & I put up 'Haggis' at Mt Boyce & 'Afghanistan'

December 22 to January 14 1967-68
Trip to Pine Vally in Tasmania with Hugh Ward, Royan Renalds, Bruce
Osbourne & myself. Carried heavery packs from lake to Pine vally hut
twice, sat in hut for 7 days while it snowed then retreated back out.
Mike Douglass led Bruce & me up 'Chouncerler' then led me up 'corner start, Skyline Traverse of ? central Buttres, all on the 'Organ Pipes' Mt Wellington
?? I led 'Pulpit Rock', 2 pitches ?    Organ Pipes ?


20-21 January 1968
Climbed with Ray Lassmen at Narrow Neck,
Climbed  ' S.W.D.' ?, Fuddy Duddy direct, Chessboard, Knights Move,
Tal, & Rooks Move


27-28 January 1968
With Ray Lassmen at Mt Piddington, led 'Mortuary', 'Tombstone Wall',
'Oragateng' 'Sparton' & 'Idiat or Imperial ?,
At Narrow Neck, led 'Nickadems'

10-11 febuary 1968
Led Fuddy Duddy, sec by Terry & friend

24-25 Febuary 1968
Sublime Point with Ray Lassmen
Led Thumbs Down with Ray & Sweet Dreams





No comments:

Post a Comment